Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Conversations with Angie: Summaries of skipped emails

I'm skipping a bunch of emails at this point. Angie and I went back and forth a few times over whether or not freedom is a good thing, whether or not it's possible to know if a world with or without free will would be better, and whether or not it even matters in the problem of evil. We never reached any agreement.

We also talked about the difference between the emotional problem of evil and the intellectual problem of evil. From that discussion, it becames clear that Angie's problem with evil was intellectual.

I told her there were a few different responses to the problem of evil. One of them was Alvin Plantinga's solution to the deductive problem of evil. I'm skipping that because (1) I misrepresented it by oversimplifying it in my emails to Angie, and (2) I've already addressed it enough on my blog.

I guess that's about it. Next, I'm going to give another response to the problem of evil.

Conversations with Angie:  The meaning of proof in epistemology


1 comment:

Sam Harper said...

Sure, Safiyyah, but in return, you must unscramble the riddle, "What Daddy is doing."