Saturday, July 09, 2005

Bow update

The last time I posted pictures of my bows, several of them were deleted before anybody got a chance to have a look-see. Well, I have some fresh pictures of recent bows up, so I thought I'd post links to them.

Here's one I just finished for my daughter the other day.

Here's one I did for my brother a while back. I think I already posted this one though.

Here's one I did for a guy in my Bible study.

Here's another one I did for another guy in my Bible study.

Here's one I messed up, but I'm posting it anyway, because I like the handle.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Someone may've asked this before, but how long does it take you to make a bow? They look so great and professional, it just seems to me it would take a long time.

Are you teaching your daughter archery?

Sam Harper said...

It's hard to say how long it takes. I work on one for a couple of hours one day, and then two days later, I'll spend another three hours on it. I started a bow the other day and started logging my hours, because I was curious about the same thing. Not counting hours, though, I can make a bow in a week if there aren't too many distractions. If I didn't have to work or have a social life, I could probably make two or three bows in a week.

I made my daughter a bow last year that was too strong for her and turned her off from archery. A couple of weeks ago, I told her I could make her a really cool bow if she'd let me. She seemed enthusiastic about it and wanted to make sure it wasn't going to be too strong. I told her it wouldn't be. She will get to see it this weekend, so we'll see.

Sam Harper said...

Far be it from me to diminish a compliment by not putting enough value in it! LOL I'll take what I can get. Thank you for your kind words, Safiyyah.