Saturday, October 31, 2020

Happy Halloween!

I had a great idea for what to do on Halloween, but there are two reasons I can't do it. I was going to dress up in my medieval peasant garb, pull a wagon around the neighborhood, ring a bell, and shout, "Bring out your dead!" I was warned that it might be too soon and a little insensitive, so that's one reason I'm not going to do it. Another reason is because I took a knife to the knee a couple of days ago, which makes it difficult to walk. Hmm. You know, a limp might've gone well with my persona.

It's been difficult to resist buying huge bags of candy because I've seen it for half off in a couple of places. But I'd just end up eating all that candy. Maybe when it's 1/4 off tomorrow, I'll feel differently about it. I wonder if there'll be any trick or treaters about. I suspect the candy is cheap becuase people aren't buying much of it.

I don't remember if I ever mentioned this, but I wrote a fan fiction cross over. Mainly, it's a cross over of Harry Potter and Pushing Daisies, but it has just a hint of Star Wars and Doctor Who. It also has a little philosophy mixed in. I rarely ever read fiction, and I write it even less, so don't expect anything great. But since there are zombies in it, I thought I better mention it since it's Halloween. It's called Harry Potter and the Pie Maker, and you can read it on Fanfiction.net or Archive of Our Own.

In other news, I heard Sean Connery died. He was 90 years old.

As far as I know, Melinda Penner is still alive. Today is her birthday. Her sister hasn't posted anything about her in a while, so I don't know how she is doing. I hope she's doing well.

And finally, Happy Reformation Day!

Oh wait, one more thing! There's this girl in North Carolina who makes Macarons who I follow on Instagram. Lately she's been making really cool macarons for Halloween. Check out her instagram page.

For more on the topic of Halloween, check out: "Review: Redeeming Halloween by Kim Wier and Pam McCune."

No comments: