Wednesday, December 04, 2019

Food: One of the finer pleasures in life

I want to make your life better. Lately, I've been expanding my cooking repertoire by using YouTube. Life is so much better because of YouTube than it was when we had to rely strictly on Julia Childs and whoever else came on the TV. Now, anybody can start a YouTube channel, and lemme tell you there's some talent out there. I've tried all kinds of things on YouTube and even come up with some formulas of my own for culinary deliciousness. But right now I want to share two exceptional dishes I've tried. They are exceptional in the sense that they take ordinary dishes and make them stand out, and it isn't complicated. One of the dishes is fettuccini Alfredo with shrimp (I've made this dish with chicken, too). The other is sesame chicken. Both of these YouTube videos yielded the best fettuccini Alfredo and sesame chicken that I have ever eaten anywhere.

First, there is Natasha who will explain to you how to make fettuccine Alfredo. Listen to everything Natasha tells you. She's a wizard.

Second, there's this Chinese girl. I don't know her name. She's kind of weird and makes me cringe a little, but every recipe I've tried of hers has been over-the-top good, so I listen to her. This is my favorite one that I've tried so far. Do not miss any details. The only suggestion I might make is to slightly increase the ingredients for the sauce toward the end or you might not be able to coat all of your chicken. Also, I haven't used ketchup any of the times I've made it. The first time, I used pizza sauce I had made for pizza. The second time, I just blanched and pealed a tomato, then blended it, and used some of that. Also, I recently tried it with some broccoli, and that was good, too.

For my own recipes, I'm thinking about making my own YouTube videos. I'll get back with you on that. In the meantime, tries the two above. You will thank me.

2 comments:

Kyle Hendricks said...

I've made my life with food better by living with my brother. He's a great cook.

That won't help me when I move out, of course.

Sam Harper said...

I guess that's one way to do it. But eventually, you have to take the bull by the horns. I've learned to cook all kinds of stuff on YouTube over the last year. YouTube is awesome.