Thursday, April 18, 2019

Moving your music library to a new iPhone

In case you didn't know, if you buy a new iPhone and try to transfer your music library from the old one to the new one, you're going to run into a problem. Apple has decided to make it to where you can't transfer anything but the music you purchased from Apple. So if, like me, your music library consists of a lot of music you got off of CD's, you're going to lose all that music. Even if you still have the CD's, you're probably screwed if you have a relatively new MacBook Pro since they don't have CD players anymore.

The only solution I've found is to download another app to allow you to transfer your music. I found one called AnyTrans. The only problem is that the free trial version only allows you to transfer 30 songs which you have no control over. If you want to transfer your whole library, you have to buy a license which costs $40. That's $40 just to keep your own music! If you bite the bullet, like I did because I had so much music I was going to lose, the app crashes while it's in the process of transferring your music.

I am not a happy camper right now.

UPDATE: I deleted AnyTrans and downloaded it again, and now it works without crashing. It cost me $40 to save about $300 or $400 worth of music because of Apple.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up.

A.jones

Florida