Monday, June 25, 2018

Hobbies: Instagram and FanFiction

It's been a long time since I've posted anything about my hobbies. I deleted my photobucket account a while back, but I've been posting pictures of my knives (did I mention I make knives?) on my Instagram account. There's some other stuff on there, too.

I decided to try my hand at writing a fan fiction. The reason I did this is because when I was younger, I used to start writing stories or books, but I would never finished them. Well, my daughter took to doing the same thing, and I wanted to encourage her to finish. So I thought if I finished one, it would encourage her. Well, the opposite happened. My daughter finished hers before I finished mine. That motivated me, so I went ahead and finished a story I started writing a few years ago.

It's a Harry Potter crossover with Pushing Daisies, and it also has a little Star Wars and Doctor Who. After finishing the story the other day, I posted it on FanFiction.net. I plan on posting it on one other site. I call it Harry Potter and the Pie Maker. It has some philosophy in there. If you decide to read it please leave a comment. This is the first piece of fiction I've ever finished, and I'm curious what people will think. There are lots of references, allusions, and inside jokes that I don't expect everybody will get, but it'll make my day if they do.

No comments: